The PD-4L Portable Derail is one of Nolan Company’s latest low-profile models. It is a single-end derail.
NEW DERAIL DESIGN
- PD-4 derails are fabricated from high-strength steel, and completely redesigned for increased effectiveness and ease of installation.
- Derails are manufactured using a proven design and a lower height above the rail head. They will derail all rolling stock including mainline locomotives when installed and used properly.
- Nolan’s portable derails come in two sizes (PD-4 and PD-6), which cover all rail sizes from 70 lb. to 141 lb.
- Better Convenience: Covers a broader range of rail sizes — 80 to 141 lbs. Available in left- and right-hand throw.
- Technically Proven: Like model PD-6, the PD-4 is fabricated from high-strength steel, and will derail all rolling stock, including six-axle, mainline locomotives, when installed properly.
- Low Profile: Manufactured with a lower height above the rail head, the height of the derail sits only 2-3/4” above the rail.
- Lightweight: The PD-4 weighs 45 lbs.
- Easy Installation: The PD-4 models fit on the track easily and require no special tools to install.
- Security: The PD-4, staff, and flag can be padlocked to the rail head to ensure visibility and safety, and to prevent unauthorized removal.