The PD-5R Portable Derail is one of Nolan Company’s latest low-profile models. It is a single-end derail.
NEW DERAIL DESIGN
- PD-5 derails are fabricated from high-strength steel, and completely redesigned for increased effectiveness and ease of installation.
- Derails are manufactured using a proven design and a lower height above the rail head. They will derail all rolling stock including mainline locomotives when installed and used properly (maximum speed is 10 mph).
- Nolan’s portable derails come in two sizes (PD-4 and PD-5), which cover all rail sizes from 70 lb. to 141 lb.
- Low Profile: The top of the derail block sits just 2-3/4” above the top of the rail head.
- Lightweight: Nolan’s portable derail weighs just 46 lbs.
- Security: The portable derail, staff, and flag can be padlocked to the rail head to ensure visibility and safety, and to prevent unauthorized removal.
- Easy Installation: Portable derails fit onto the track easily and require no special tools to install.