- Developed for Nolan’s line of SD Series Sliding Derails
- Operated by remote control, air-powered (AOD)
- Positions a sliding derail ON or OFF the rail with just the turn of a key switch
- Protects people, plant and equipment automatically
- Used to control overhead plant doors to prevent unauthorized equipment from entering the protected area — closing the plant door remotely sets the derail protection in service, prohibiting unauthorized rolling stock from entering plant/work area; opening the plant door remotely removes the derail protection from service permitting authorized rolling stock to enter protected area.
- Used to initiate a number of warning devices such as sirens, lights and horns in the protected area.
- Built-in indicator lights and flashing blue strobe light on AOD unit meet FRA and OSHA compliance laws.
NOTE: Sliding derails and control boxes are sold separately from the automated derail operators.